Monday, September 28, 2009

romantic card in black and creme












I think this could possibly be one of my favorite romantic cards that I have made. I am really proud of how this one turned out. First of all I absolutely love this paper, OMG, it is so pretty....and it is all Donna's M's fault that I bought it too. This is from the DCWV creme stack. this particular piece that I used on this card is flocked. I really do wish you could see it in person, it is the greatest paper. I actually bought the stack to do pages in my wedding scrapbook but I had to do a card with it first. Now I may have to buy another pack for my scrapbook and use all of this pack for cards. I wish also that you could see the center heart. It just sparkles The heart is from the wedding cart cut on 4", both on shift and regular cut. I really like the look of the center of the heart, it was super easy but the final look is really great. I went around the entire piece of white paper with stickles then I took white glitter and sprinkled it all over the heart. The stickles dry raised so the heart looks like it has a raised glitter center. It really is pretty in person. Then I used the jasmine corners and added black stickles to those, the love is from Beyond Birthdays and the butterflies were MS, and they are layered and then I added white stickles. Even Todd said this is one of my prettiest, which is a lot coming from him. Usually I get that is real pretty sweetheart. This one he actually did a good bit of commenting on. Made me feel good. I hope you like it too and please leave me a comment, I love to read them.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had the cart. I need ideas for some anniversary cards. Wish I had time to think of how to use what I have to re-create it. LOL Next one goes out the 5th, with 2 birthdays to follow. Thanks for sharing. I'll steal it sometime ;- ) Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card and such a great, striking color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Vicki!! Just beautiful!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.