Wednesday, September 9, 2009

sympathy card for best friend























This is a sympathy card that I never wanted to make. I tried to make it the biggest card I could make because I want her to know how very very sorry I am. My best friends husband decided at the last minute that he was going to go ride his harley instead of coming to the wedding because it was such a beautiful day. When she told me that he wasn't coming I was ok with it because weddings aren't mens favorite thing to do. Oh man, how I wish he would have come to the wedding. He was leaving his dads house because he wanted to get home about the time that Sandy came home from the wedding. He was hit by a very young driver and both he and the driver were flown by helicopter to different hospitals. Sandy had the very difficult decision to make of taking David off of life support on Sunday. When she called and left a message on my voicemail I was just shocked. Words just can't describe the feelings that I had going through me. Here I was so elated from my wedding and she was going through such pain. I honestly don't know what to say to her. She told me to never let a second go by without letting Todd know exactly how much I love him because you never know when it will all end. Then she said "You are beginning your life with your husband and my life with mine is ending." What can I say to that. I love her so much, she has been there for me through everything in my life. My divorce, my father passing away, my new marriage....I have to tell you that I cried the whole time I was making this card. This is truly to hardest card that I have ever had to make. I don't want to make anymore cards for this reason at all...... I can't take all the credit for this card either. I just couldn't get my mind on a sympathy card so I looked at some of my favorite card makers out there and fell in love with Lillies sympathy card using the Lords prayer so that is what I went with. thank you Lillie for the inspiration. You have no idea how bad I needed it for this card. Please say an extra prayer for Sandy to help her get through this horrible time. She is going through so much right now. Her oldest son is in Iraq and won't be able to make it home for the funeral so please say a prayer for him as well. I have to tell you, my heart is breaking making this card.....

2 comments:

  1. Vicki this is so sad I am in tears just reading this. I have been with my husband for 17 years and don't know what I would do without him. My thoughts are with Sandy, and I hope you never have to make a card like this again, as beautiful as it is.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicki! My heart goes out to Sandy and family and can't begin to imagine how you are feeling. I'm so sorry! Your card is beautiful and will be treasured. I too hope it's the last one you have to make. Hugs! D

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.