Sunday, August 30, 2009

stationary box filled with goodies
















I am really proud of this oh so easy project. The lady that is marrying Todd and I on Saturday is fighting her 3rd battle with cancer. The first two times it was breast cancer now this time it is bone cancer from the breast cancer. I wanted to make her something very special and thanks to Marie (aka ~~me~~) I was able to do that. The other day while looking around on the mb I saw her post of where she makes these stationary boxes. I thought they were just great so she kindly shared her recipe for them. I am in love with these, I plan on making many many more. The cards I monogramed with her initials using the storybook cartridge, the note paper is nothing but 3 1/2" scalloped squares cut from mini monograms. The tags were cut from George at 3" and then I ran ribbons through the top. The address book is nothing but notebook paper and then printed paper hooked together with brads. I am going tomorrow to get her a book of stamps to go in the stamps slot. Judy going up the side was cut from Plantin Schoolbook and the flowers on the other side is George with stickles in the center. then I added an ink pink and tied a ribbon around the lid of the box. This was the first one that I ever did so it took me just a little longer but I plan on making many many more of these. Thanks again Marie, I think you helped me make the perfect gift....

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will love it Vicki. You did a great job, very pretty indeed

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic Vicki! Really a beautiful set! It's a great gift that I am sure will be very appreciated! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki this is beautiful and I'm sure she will really appreciate it.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an amazing project, can you please direct us to the instructions to make this? It would make a fantastic stocking filler at Xmas for family members that you dont know what to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to pop in and say Happy Wedding Day Sweetie! I wish you two a lifetime of happiness and will be thinking of you all day long. Hope my card makes it on time but I'm terrible at getting packed and things out. (That'll teach me to do the insides when I do the outsides) Hugs! D BTW, BEAUTIFUL set!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.