Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Halloween















This is a Jeannie/Vicki Challenge card. I needed a break from wedding stuff today so I said something to Jeannie about we need to do a card and she wanted to make one too. I only had flowers and rings on my mind so I told Jeannie I couldn't come up with something to do so she took on the task of finding us our next cut. She picked one of the trees from Stretch Your Imagination. As soon as I looked at the cart I knew exactly what tree I was going to use. I have been seeing all the halloween and fall cards that all of you are posting and that inspired me. I have know from day one of getting Pooh and Friends that I wanted to use those pumpkins so it all worked out just fine. I am really proud of this card. I love the paper, this is the new fall pack of paper from DCWV called Indian Summer. I absolutely love it. When I saw it I knew those orange colors would make perfect pumpkins. I hope you enjoy looking at this one as much as I enjoyed making it. Thank you for looking and thank you for commenting. Thank you Jeannie for getting my mind off of wedding stuff....

SYI- tree cut at 3 1/2" twice and layered- the I cut out the leaves and just glued them wherever I thought needed a leaf

PDDU- cat cut in black- because halloween cats need to be black- I used my white gel pen for his face. The cat is cut at 3". The moon is also PDDU and is cut 3 times on flip and layered with glue dots. The bats are cut at 1 1/2" Pumkin on the inside is cut at 3"

Pooh and Friends. The pumpkins are cut at 2 3/4" once in green and three times with the layers. I alternated what color paper I was going to use for the top of the pumkins so all three would be different.

Wild Card- the word Boo on the front of the card is cut at 3" and the Happy Halloween on the inside is cut at 5".

Thank you all for your comments, they mean so much.... Do forget to check out my blog. I still have the blog candy up for grabs.... All you need to do is become a follower and leave me a message.

2 comments:

  1. Vicki this is fantastic, love the little cat hiding behind the pumpkins.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Vicki! Love the kitty! Now I've got to go find that paper stack. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.