Sunday, August 2, 2009

Soccer birthday card







My step son will be 10 on his birthday. He loves playing soccer. So I knew exactly what cart I needed to make his birthday card. I say this cart was my steal cart because I won it off of ebay for $11 and I think that is a "steal". I wish I could win LAB or LL for that. lol....
I am absolutely falling in love with vellum. I think the inside is my favorite part of the card because of the vellum. I love how you can see the soccer shoe behind of the wording.
OK, here are the directions:
Soccer cart- goal net cut at 2 1/2 " regular and shadow, the player is cut at 3 1/4"- reg and shadow. One the inside of the card, the shoe is cut out at 1 1/2" reg and shadow. the whistle is cut at 3/4" and the trophy at 1 1/2". I also took my sharpi and wrote Nick on the trophy.
Base Camp for the font cut at 1" on both reg cut and blackout cut
Jasmine for the corners on the inside of the card cut at 4" and 5".
Thank you so much for looking and thank you so much for leaving a comment. They really do mean so much!

5 comments:

  1. Vicky I love it, love the colours and I too love vellum. I really like how you put the soccer boot behind it.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE this card ! Love the use of vellum...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, love the boot behind the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love, love, love the vellum on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness i love your cards i can see you have a lot of patients in what you do. I need the push and i do get that push when i see your cards. Thanks so much for sharing your art, I need all the help i can get to make a card these days. i will tell my friends to stop by and see you blog so you can get more stuff right lol. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. bonnie greenhoe

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.