Monday, August 10, 2009

Wedding Card Book


































































Todd and I have finally set our wedding date. September 5, 2009. I am so excited. I went and looked at rings today and went and looked at a wedding chapel and decided that the perfect place for us to get married would be in our backyard. We truly have a gorgeous back yard. We have this old oak tree that is over 200 years old. It stretches over almost the entire back yard. I have the photographer lined up, I picked out the two songs the other day. John Berry - Your love amazes me. You can listen to it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62okIG1DNB8 and Allison Krause It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

I am excited about both of these songs because I think both of them suite us so much. I will post a picture of our wedding invitation too. Todd said he wanted something simple so I tried to make it as simple as possible but still elegant. It will be a very small wedding with just family and a few friends. This book will be setting out for all of our wedding guest to sign along the inside. I thought it would make a great keepsake. I saw the idea of making the book from Mandi Lou, aka bunny lover. Thank you for the inspiration Mandi Lou. I took a picture of the inside verse but I am not sure how clear in came out. The first page says "There are three things that we will endure- Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest is love." the second page says "Two hands, two hearts, one love forever! then it says "Better than I was, more than I am and all of this happened by taking your hand." and the third page says "From this day forward by God's grace and goodness, I give you my hand and my life to share." Then I wrote both of our names at the bottom. I didn't want all the folds to show on the edge of the book so I took another piece of paper and made a binding for the book and the adhered another full sheet to the front and back of the book for the cover. Alot of time and hours went in to making this but I wanted it to be special. I truly wish you could see it in person because I really don't believe that the pictures does it justice. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I spent a lot of time on this project and would love to have your input. Thank you so much.

10 comments:

  1. Your wedding card book looks magnificent. You have a great talent. The Christmas cards look great also. I know you will complete the 1000 cards with time to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicki....this is BEAUTIFUL !!!! I have never seen a book like that!!! Oh, its just beautiful!!! I can tell you put your heart and soul into this !!! All those flowers...oh my goodness ! I have run out of words....its soooooo pretty!!!! I love it!!!! I cant wait to see all your wedding stuff....this is just amazing!!! You did a GREAT job! Your right, it was worth the wait!!! xoxoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki this is just EXQUISITE! Your wedding is going to be BEAUTIFUL! It almost brought tears to my eyes, and then I went and listened to the songs. Now I can bearly type through the tears. Perfect! And I'll always remember your anniversary because it's the day before mine. Hugs! D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, this card is wonderful!!! Congrats to you and Todd on your marriage. All you need to do is invite God to your wedding, your home and your life and your marriage will be just fine! I love you cards, you do very good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vicki, love that booklet. It is gorgeous. I left you a blog award, come pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Love the booklet! You did a wonderful job - it's gorgeous! I love those songs - they are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, This is gorgeous and I mean gorgeous! And so much love put into it! Congrats on getting your date set and I wish you every happiness! Hugs, Sandi

    http://softsideofsandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous...Capitalize that.
    And I left you a lovely blog award so do stop by my blog and pick it up.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vicki your wedding book gave me goosebumps reading the words, it's so so beautiful and so full of love.
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.