Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pooh and friends - Vicki's take




















Yea!, Jeannie and I got our challenge in this week. While we were trying to figure out what we were going to do for our challenge this week Jeannie looked on her calendar and noticed that August was National Pooh friends month. So of course we decided to do a pooh card. I have to tell you guys I struggled with this card. I knew right from the start what I wanted to do on the inside of the card. I knew I had to use this Winnie the Pooh quote....It was a must. Now all I had to do was build a card around a quote. That should be easy enough....wrong....I couldn't figure it out at all until last night. I sat down at my craft table and looked at the Pooh quote and the card just came to me. I hope you like the end result. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Pooh and Friends- Pooh cut out at 3" twice in black on shadow and once on regular cut in the pooh color. I used glue dots to pop him off the card. The butterfly is also from Pooh cut at 1" twice. I glued the butterfly together just in the center so it would look like it was flying. The catepillar was cut at 3/4". I had to use a catepillar so it would relate to the butterfly.

Beyond Birthdays- Hello Friend cut at 2"
Plantin Schoolbook- scallop along the edge cut at 1" and I trimmed off one hump.

Zooballoo- grass cut at 2" on regular cut for the back of the grass and then on shift lowercase for the shorter grass.
The flowers are a punch and I added brown stickles to the center of the flowers and inked the whole card.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki I LOVE this card - and that sentiment - WOW! This card has just taken my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Pooh Card. As are all of your other projects. Now really if someone was ever to leave you a nasty comment, would you love and cherish that. I con't see that ever happening, just thought I would ask. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. another of your beautiful creations and who doesn't love Pooh. Love the sentiment too.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, I have something for you on my blog so hop on over and see what it is.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this card.Im loving the way you have been using vellum! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, I think it turned out wonderful! I haven't been able to keep up with all the wonderful things going on over on the Cricut mb. Looks like I've been missing out on so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sweetikins, I left you something on my blog too! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.