Saturday, October 31, 2009

Autumn- the Gypsy DT first challenge












For our first challenge for the Gypsy DT, Nilda asked us to make a card using the Gypsy Wonderings cart. I used several different cuts from this cart on my card. First I used the leaves and made a border out of them by welding them all together. Then I cut more leaves out in different prints and added them to the welded border and also to the bottom of the card. I also put some in the inside of the card as well. I also used the GW cart for the pumpkins, I cut three of them out both on regular and shadow and mixed the layers together to give them more color. The word Autumn is also fromt he GW cart and I cut it out on regular and shadow cut. I even got the diamonds that are behind of Autumn from the GW cart and then added the strip of ribbon and lots and lots of ink. I am really pleased with how it turned out, I hope you like it too. I can't wait to see what the other oh so very talented ladies have come up with for this challenge too. Be sure to check their cards out here. http://the-gypsyspot.blogspot.com/

Nilda wanted us to showcase how we created our cards and I couldn't think of a better way than to show you the same way that Jeannie does her cards by giving you a snapshot of the gypsy board. I hope you can tell how I layed everything out of the mat. One of the greatest things about the gypsy is that you can cut the entire card out at one time. All you do is measure your paper and put it on the mat the same way you have it layed out on your gyspy mat. It is so great to be able to cut every single color all a the same time. It sure does make card making faster..... Be sure to hop over to the gypsyspot and check out all the other very very talented ladies takes on this challenge. Thank you so much for looking and thank you for commenting

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Vicki!!! I love the colors (the colors of fall are my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card- the colours are great, too! Thanks for the tip about cutting in one go, too. I'm anxiously awaiting my gypsy and now I'm up one tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I love and treasure each and every one.